Monday, March 3, 2014

The rain doesn't help

Today is another all day pajama day.

photo credit PJ Johnson
Kept hoping for a call or email today, telling me that they want to interview me for the job I was shortlisted for. It's after 4:30pm and nothing yet.

Microsoft called me about 4 times today. Each caller either has a terrible quality microphone or they are all taught to mumble. They are so hard to understand over the phone. The most they can do to fix my MS Office subscription problem is offer me a 30 day trial after the subscription ends, or I can pay for a renewal. I told him they need to look into their packaging design for the ones sold at B&M stores, since my box did not clearly indicate that it was a subscription to the software, and not something that I could purchase and use for years and years. There's no point complaining to Office Depot, where I bought the damn thing. When I said "I need MS Word, Excel, and I want Access," they had to pull two salespeople over to help me find it. Then I said, "I need to install this on three separate computers." A 4th and 5th salesperson had to come over to try to answer my question.

How hard is it supposed to be to buy frickin' software?!

Then after a good half hour of group discussion with the 5 salespeople, they handed me a box with Office 2013 in it. I bought it. I installed and used it. I liked it.

It will self destruct in April.

I am re-learning Office 2007, and I am pissed that I spent money on something that I can't keep using.

Breathe...
Breathe again...

No no, you're not breathing deeply enough. Breeeeeeaaaathe.

Wanna go for a walk? 
No, it's raining, and I"m already cold.
Maybe a cup of coffee, a blanket, and something on tv?
No, I'll feel like an unemployed slob. I should do something about finding work.
You're going to come across as a depressing grump if you try to write anything intelligent. It's after 4:30. If you want to feel productive at this point, clean the house. Or for God's sake, shower and get dressed.
I could shower and put on clean jammies.
Fine. But then you need to write a page of stuff in your gratitude journal. You're losing perspective.
Aye aye Cap'n.
Smartass.




No comments:

Post a Comment