Sunday, March 23, 2014

Accomplishments du Jour

I got a lot done today.
I started my morning coffee by packing up two boxes of books and squirreling them away in my bedroom. Then it warmed up enough to work outside, so ta-dah! The shed out back is completely cleaned out and I have started moving my packed boxes into it. I cleaned the deck and packed up all the outside stuff I'm keeping. (One wind chime, one fossil  - I'm a rock picker - and one flowerpot.) Then I cleaned the back porch and started packing up stuff I'm taking from there. I didn't pack a lot, which is good. I don't want a lot of clutter in my new place. Four loads of laundry are done and put away. A week worth of work clothes are set out for my daughter to critique and re-plan for me. As always. (I value her opinion on how to de-frump some of my tired clothing combos.)

Whew!
I'm exhausted.

First day of the new job tomorrow. I'm excited about working again and a little sad I won't have as much free time. But it's good. One step closer to getting out of here.

Today D ignored me most of the day. When he surfaced, he was pleasant until he decided to blame me for a non-problem caused by his inaction. Irritating. Grr.
He had some clothes sitting in the laundry sink for at least a week, I'd guess closer to two weeks. The laundry machine drains directly into the sink, so D's clothes were constantly wet, and starting to mildew. Today when I cleaned the porch, I threw the rug into the washer. When I was working outside, D brought the rug outside and hung it on the clothesline. Then he said, "You have crap in the sink."
"It's your crap. Those are your clothes."
"No!" he snapped. "Your crap is in the sink. You need to clean it!"
"What crap?"
"From your rug."
Of course, pine needles washed out of the rug (from the Xmas tree that I asked him to take out on Dec 26 and finally made it out the door by Feb 1st) and into the laundry sink.
Since the clothes were in there, the sink didn't drain as quickly as it filled, so there is a little line of crud about 2/3 up the sides of the sink. It's not a lot, but there's some crud. It'll rinse out with the next load of laundry or someone could pour a cup of water over it to rinse it down the drain. There wouldn't be any crud in the sink if his clothes hadn't been sitting in there for the past week or more.
But of course now it's my mess and I have to clean it up asap or else.
Whatever...

Off to bed!

PS: D doesn't know I'm working tomorrow. After telling him, "I'm leaving now for an interview," and hearing him respond with, "Oh," or "Pick up supper on your way home," (how about telling me good luck?? or asking about it when I get home??) I decided to not bother keeping him in the loop with my job hunting activities. I haven't told him about the new job. It's within walking distance from home, so my car will be parked at home all day and he probably won't even notice I'm not around. His loss.

PPS: D has been talking about applying for a job in a town 2 hours away but isn't sure about the distance. He did that before, about 8 years ago and it was tough. We did it, but it was a challenge. I encouraged him to apply for it if the job seems interesting. The town is great, so no issue there. I'd feel less guilty about leaving him if he had a job he likes instead of staying home living off his fixed-income settlement, which barely covers the rent. I'll put the energy out there that this works for him.

Ok, off to bed this time, for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment