Thursday, March 20, 2014

I'm thankful for...

  • Being shortlisted for several huge contract jobs - that pay well enough for me to not only move to a decent neighborhood, but enough to get off assistance and actually put money into savings. 
  • $1,308.00  $1,308.00  $1,308.00 ... right?
  • Being able to keep the phone bill paid and the phone turned on.
  • My ability to bite my tongue and play nice when out in public with D. 
  • Dish soap. I cannot stress this enough. 
  • And clean dishes.
  • Having plenty of gas in my car.
  • Having road service insurance on both cars.
  • Having smart, levelheaded, calm kids who can figure out what to do when they accidentally leave the car lights on.
  • Music. Loud music. Thank you, Pandora.
  • Spring flowers: daffodils, snowdrops, cherry blossoms, camellias, azaleas. Bluebells, redbuds and tulips are next. I love this time of year; it's beautiful and the air smells sweet.
  • Making significant headway on my sorting and packing. 
  • My goofy, silly pets who yell at me when I sit on the couch and don't invite them to snuggle with me. And purr and wag their tails when I do.
  • Birds and subways. Two things that are completely and totally unrelated, except for the fact that they make me smile whenever I see them.
  • Advil. I'm thankful for Advil. And I'm thankful for those fleeting moments when I realize that my headache hasn't been bothering me for a while.
  • Abuse support groups on Facebook and the moderators and people in the groups. I feel less anxiety about some aspects of leaving after talking to one of these people about my specific worries.
  • Being able to take deep breaths when I feel stressed out. So simple. But it helps me to remember to stop and focus on what's right in front of me instead of worrying about all the what ifs.
  • Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment