Thursday, March 13, 2014

Interview


This time I nailed it.
I always interview well, and my past interviews with other companies were great, but the jobs I interviewed for were either wrong for me or they are perfect but the overall (bureaucratic) hiring process is slowwwww.

I was the first out of about 5 to interview for the job, and have years of experience and advanced skills for each specific thing she needs. Since all the other candidates interview after me, she's going to be comparing each and every one of them to me. Yay!
  • Public speaking? I've done seminars.  Love it.
  • Sales support? Yep, both sales support and sales, so I know how salespeople think and operate.
  • Specific software program? I recently took an advanced class and know it forwards and back. She only knows the basics and needs someone to do the fancy stuff.
It was so exciting in the interview - everything she said she needed, I've done before. 
Plus - she and I hit it off.

It's a long term temp job to help get me on my feet and take the stress off while I wait for a permanent job. She'll let me know by Friday if I'm shortlisted for a second interview.

Meanwhile, I'm feeling really good about this job and can totally see myself working there.

No comments:

Post a Comment