Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A note about post Tags

I changed my tags a little.

The tags in ALL CAPS are characteristics of people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder and/or Passive Aggressive/Negativistic Personality.
BEING TOLD NO
ENTITLEMENT
GASLIGHTING
HYPERSENSITIVE
INEFFICIENT
ISOLATION
LACK OF EMPATHY
NPD
PA
PHYSICAL PAIN
PROCRASTINATION
PTSD
SABOTAGE
THE SILENT TREATMENT
The tags in Title Case are other characteristics of emotional abuse* and my own names for other characteristics that D has.
Chinese Water Torture
Crazymaking
PingPong
The tags in lower case are my personal feelings and concerns.
abuse
affair
anxiety
blaming
breathe
counseling
cruelty
dating
depression
employment
fear
feeling stuck
game over
gratitude
happy happy
healing
law of attraction
leaving
love
lucky
me
money
my escape plan
panic
quotes
secrets
sex
steps
stress
support
(Keep in mind that the tag lists above are only current at the time I published this post. But you get the idea.)

So why go through the trouble to organize my tags like this?

Answer #1: Because I have a need to keep everything neat and organized. Maybe it's my desire to have some control over my environment. Maybe I have a teensy bit of OCD peeking out to say hello. (We all have little whispers of "personality defects" in us. Some just have loud shouts of these "defects," and hopefully are seeking treatment to keep them down to a manageable level.)

Answer #2: When I was researching all of this - starting with "why am I so frickin' unhappy" - and started reading about NPD and PA spouses, I wanted to read real life examples of what each characteristic was like. Many of the blogs and sites I found included situations with physical violence and I just couldn't relate to that. I'm hoping that if someone like me is reading about emotional abuse, trying to figure out if that's what is making them so frickin' unhappy, they will have an easy way to click on a tag to read story after story about that specific characteristic. Emotional abuse is so subversive that we survivors of don't realize it until we've been exposed to it for years and years.


*Because I experience emotional abuse, I don't know if these terms - such as "Crazymaking"- apply to other forms of domestic abuse. It's not fair to other survivors if I generalize.

No comments:

Post a Comment